Thursday, February 25, 2016

weather

For the first time in several months, we did not have to turn on the heat first thing in the morning. The weather is calm now, though yesterday a jump of 30ยบ within a couple hours put us through quite the squall and lightning storm. There was a tornado watch on the county, and our electricity blinked once.

I was on moderate anxiety until the wind slowed, and the storm moved northeast. I wore my head lamp around my neck, just in case the electric left for good, and also wandered into the storage room below our apartment to see if I could open the mysterious door in the floor. I did not explore past discovering its location, but instead knew that this would be the route we would take if there was indeed a tornado on the ground within our vicinity.

Later, I checked my email and saw that there was, indeed, a tornado warning for the county, but it was north east of us by several mile and moving more northeast, so it did not concern me. I felt peace, as our winds had stopped gusting and the lightning subsided. We were not in the eye of the storm. But it made me think about what we would do if there was a tornado that hit our home.

But, as my neighbor has pointed out, there hasn't been a tornado in this area for many many years, if ever. But if I stare out my window, I do not see mountains, I see flat farmland, and it spikes my anxious thoughts when we have an almost perfect storm, like last night.

It appears that there was no tornado where we are, but there was one east of Lancaster in more Amish country. We are blessed that we weren't hit.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/fire-officials-reporting-major-weather-event-moved-through-lancaster-county/article_2792b9c0-db36-11e5-9311-673431fc072f.html

I played piano when the wind was blowing pretty fiercely. This was very calming for me, and I felt the peace of God, knowing his power was stronger than this, and His will stronger than mine. Thank you Jesus, for your peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment