Wednesday, January 20, 2016

thoughties!

I drink a lot of coffee. nothing like other people who drink coffee, but to me, I do.

I am struck by the generosity of friends. I appreciate you!

I'm looking forward to the snow we will be getting... and getting some extra water at the store so we are prepared if the power goes out.

I started a food accountability group on facebook. It has been going well so far. We shall see how it does in the long run! There are a good group of ladies involved and I love each of their contributions.

I am still leading the Bible study at mom's group. next week, we begin the last portion of 2 Peter. We have worked all the way through 1 Peter, starting mid November. This has been a good challenge for me.

I am determined to do a read the Bible in a year program this year. So far, I have fallen off the wagon and had to do some bulk reading days several times.

I read, "The First hostage" by Joel Rosenburg for a couple days last week (and I finished it). Talk about an adrenaline pumping book. I moaned loudly on and off for the last hundred pages or so because it was so intense.

I am doing really well with my weight loss! This past Monday I weighed in at 185.4 pounds. That is exciting to me! I love having visible progress! The pants that I started having to squeeze into are now getting rather comfortable to wear!

Nobody has gotten sick yet this winter--we have had a very mild winter, and the snow this weekend will be the first that will stick! I hope to be able to build snowmen with Naisa and Yonah!

I got a fitness tracker watch that I have been using (it does not attach to an app--that's what I wanted, I don't have a smart phone). I have been challenging myself a couple of times to get more steps in, because I am naturally a competitive person. Yesterday I decided to stand and step in place while I was watching videos on the computer instead of sitting at the desk. I got in almost 21000 steps yesterday! (I watched Harry Potter #1... so I was stepping for an hour then, and an hour while watchign the tonight show).

Now I am having a conversation argument with Naisa about why she can't watch anymore of her cartoon, so shalom everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment