Thursday, April 30, 2015

Potty Training

I have a potty trained two and a half year old (except for most poops). I am going to attempt to write the process down so that I remember it. We started with a potty seat on the potty and that seemed to be a little bit of a hindrance so we ordered a princess potty for her to use. She picked it up pretty quick and was willing to go on the potty most of the time (and when she wasn't, I bribed her with bunny snacks). She had a couple accidents but quickly realized that she didn't like the feeling of being wet and we talked about how we don't pee in underwear and don't poop in underwear and she got the picture. She doesn't wear a diaper at naptime or bedtime anymore. Just when she needs to poop (and she tells me when that is). we have done several two hour car rides and she has been able to handle them as well. So I feel very good about it. I was worried it would be a struggle because she is so strong willed, but she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment