Monday, March 09, 2015

Updates for the month of February

Yonah is very mobile, crawling everywhere and he loves going into the other rooms (especially the bathroom) and playing with things he shouldn't--the cable cords, the door stopper, the soors themselves, climbing on the step in the bathroom, eating fuzzies off the floor! He's always chewing on something he found on the floor and I have to go fish is out of his mouth (or I see it in his diaper later!). He has enthusiastically began solids in full force and his body has had quite an adjustment switching from 100% breastmilk to lots of solids with breastmilk. He is pulling up easily, and yesterday he started to try standing without holding onto things. He is 8 and 1/2 months.

Naisa's vocab is excellent. The other day I was trying to fix her hair and she didn't want me to, so she said, "Please stop my hair." Most of the time she has great grammar and great sentences, and we also get a lot of made-up blahblahblah "Yonah's blue elephant" blahblahblah. She makes "trains" with several boxes of different sizes and often blocks the walking way in the apartment with them. "Rocket's crate" was identified as one of them.

It's really fun to see them playing together. They are so giggly and most of the time Naisa is taking the things that Yonah is playing with because she suddenly has an uncontrollable desire to play with them now that someone else is playing with them (typical two year old).

My mom and sister, Anna, came to visit twice and we really enjoyed seeing them. I gave Naisa and Yonah hair cuts because things were getting a little out of hand. Yonah may need another hair cut soon! Mom and Anna brought us some items from our storage unit, including but not limited to: dish drying rack, some plates, our silverware, some mugs, clothes for Yonah and Naisa, the cloth diapers, diaper pail. It has been so nice to not have to purchase diapers now!

I have been doing a 60 day challenge with T-Tapp, the workout routine I follow. I have seen some changes in my clothing fitting, and more recently started tracking my POINTs (old weightwatchers style) to attempt to have some accountability with my eating to help with progress. This workout is gentle and rehabilitative, as well as challenging (I always workout a sweat if I focus on the form!).

We attended a wedding in Sonderton on the 20th. We hit some bad weather on the way in and had a minor car accident due to the slush on the roads. We had started fishtailing and went into the cement median. We were blessed, though--Naisa lept watching her show, Yonah kept sleeping, no one got hurt, the car was almost completely unscathed (one broken windsheild wiper.), Ben had been breaking the entire time, so we bounced off, and did not smash into the median. I had some back pain afterward, but because I have the T-Tapp workout, I was able to do some of the moves to stretch and align my back again so that I wouldn't have pain.

We had finally received our health care and Food Stamp Assistance in PA and we have so much gratitude for the fact that there are programs so we can receive these things.

Ben is still working hard at Lifeway, and hopes for change soon.. our income needs a boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment