Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Week four of weight loss

I reached 203 today.
Down 1.6 from last week, and I feel good, and I don't feel like I'm starving and I get to have two tablespoons of coconut oil chocolate everyday. It's a good treat for me to have to make it through the afternoon.

I am using the old Points system from back in the day when I was on Weight Watchers. I was a pro. I still know all the points of everything.

I made a goal to be down 25lbs by the end of the year and also to workout with Ttapp four or five times a week. My goal weight is 165.

But I can tell you, but the time I am 190, I am going to be the darndest good looking person weighing 190 you've ever seen. Just sayin.

My body is healthier than it has ever been, despite my current weight. My basal body temperature is 97.8 in my follicular phase and 98.3 in my luteal phase. That might not mean much to you, but before I was pregnant with Yonah it was 97.0, sometimes in the 96.6 range. That's low. It is much better for you to have a higher basal temp because it means your thyroid is functioning. Yay functioning thyroid.

Also healthier: I am not using articifial sugars like I was when I was on Weight watchers in 2002-2007 and then all the way through 2013. And I don't crave sugars. Many things are too sweet for me now. Ben and I had some organic oreo cookies in the house and they were good, but they were too sweet, so he brought them for his employees at work and they loved them (of course). And I'm eating fat! Yay yummy saturated fat! That helps me feel much more satisfied.

This is one of those things that people talk about as a weight loss kicker after a baby is born: breastfeeding. Well I'm here to tell you that that is NOT the case for everyone.

Personally, I think that "bouncing back" after a baby is created and birthed has much more to do with genetics of the lady and her body's hormonal functions and metabolism than breastfeeding. Now that Yonah is nursing less I get to eat less, but I'm also less hungry. I like being less hungry. It makes weight loss more doable.
Let me tell you, I have to be intentional about every single pound I lose. I have to track my food intake, I have to keep working out, I have to weigh myself weekly, because I can't just hope that it's going to change and keep eating.

"Oh I'm going to weigh ten pounds less soon."
goes and makes more coconut oil chocolate

You know it's really funny where I lose weight first--and it has always been this way--in my chest. At least I know I'm losing weight--it's very notiicable.

Here's to keepin on, keepin on.

Yes you can!



No comments:

Post a Comment