Thursday, August 20, 2015

Brown Recluse Spider Update, plus updates

We have been back in our apartment for two weeks now. I can't believe it's only been two weeks. It was an exhausting week last week.

We had to be out of our apartment that Friday at 7am, so Naisa, Yonah and I all spent the day at my mom friend's home, with her four kids aged 7 to 13. We had a great time, playing games, picking tomatoes, swinging on swings, exploring the house and yard. We also had dinner at their home and Naisa and Yonah had a wonderful time.

Then we went to the bed and breakfast, and had a great time.Naisa and Yonah got to help with the chores in the morning, which included feeding the pigs, milking the goat, giving the calf a bottle, and gathering eggs. Because we booked a room/suite that had no breakfast included, the eggs we gathered were a part of our meal. There was a beautiful swimming pond that had lots of hugh koi fish in it. We fed the fish several times. 

When we came home, we had to move our furniture back (We had to pull it all away from the walls so they could spray the floor boards. This took patience and energy. Our landlord asked us to clean, then pull everything away from the walls. All I could think was how messy it looked after we pulled the furniture away from the walls. We didn't receive any calls, so that was good.

I have been peeling and quartering and coring tomatoes that my neighbor has had excess of for the last two weeks. Now there are several gallon bags full in the freezer and I look forward to making salsa with them when the time comes!

I reread The Twelfth Imam, The Tehran Initiative, and Damascus countdown by Joel Rosenberg in the past couple weeks. They are a thriller series set in current time about a young CIA operative who is in Iran as a NOC when Iran gets the bomb and the Shia Muslims become convinced that this man performing miracles is the Twelfth Imam and is bringing end times.

It is very interesting and (as usual) I couldn't put it down. :)

I'm writing more music. The most recent song is called "Holding on to You" and is about how in whatever situation we find ourselves in, we keep taking time to be with God and meditate on Him and he keeps working on us. I love it.

Recently the top row of letters on Ben's laptop stopped working and we made the expensive decision to purchase a new computer. So now we have a new one!

My weight loss has paused, but I am losing inches, so I'm not concerned. I started attempting to space my meals out more shooting for four hours in-between meals, shooting for four meals a day. I'm trying to increase my raw milk consumption because it has calcium and I have a lot of calcium depletors in my life (#1 is Yonah). I also got gelatin at Lemon Street Market, and I am glad to have it. I mix it into my smoothies and it is very good.

Naptime is over, I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment