Thursday, April 09, 2009

Debating the Future.

So I've been debating whether to become a nurse or go to medical school and become a surgeon, and now I'm wondering if I'm just going to go to school, and everything else is going to turn out, and God's going to show me something I didn't see before that is even better than what I pick.

Medical School is long. Residencies are long as well. There's a lot of book work. But I LOVE it. I love learning. Maybe I'm just sick of books right now, as I have been reading so much for such unuseful classes (for my major). (The classes are actually helping me learn about myself, for life, but not for what i want to do.)

If I became a nurse, I could be a Psych nurse, or a surgical nurse, or an emergency nurse. Mom mentioned to me the other day that I could also become a nurse practitioner and then have the ability to help patients.

But I was just on http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos074.htm and I was reading about medical school, and I love the idea of learning about all of these things, and then going to work in a hospital. I can't ever make up my mind! I want to be a surgeon, general, or neuro! Maybe I should start studying now.

I wonder what I'm going to want to be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment