Sunday, June 11, 2017

Week 28, Preggs #3

My radar for handling any sort of blogging in the past while hasn't been what it used to be. I'm aware of that. Sometimes I'll think of things to write, but most of the time I'm too dry from my emotional processes and to busy being active in the present (and in the kitchen) to think about taking time to write something. But if I make it through this entire pregnancy with only occasional facebook updates about my life then I will regret it in a couple of years when I have forgotten my mindset, and how I handled things.

We are 28 weeks and a couple days here. Still due September 1st. I have gained about thirty pounds, which I consider just fine. I step on the scale at the midwives' office and I am surprised it went up, but not surprised because I know my belly's growing and no other part of my body is shrinking. It's going somewhere! I measure a little ahead, like with Yonah's pregnancy. We have still not had an ultrsound and still do not know the gender. I am happy with that decision because I do like surprises and mysteries!! :) For the record, most of the time I think that there is only one baby, and I think it's a girl. (this is mainly based on my appetite compared to Yonah's pregnancy).

I am happy there are only "twelve" (ish) weeks left... so my maximum weight gain isn't completely ridiculous!! There's only a few extra inches here and there on my legs and hips anyway.... I am SO not worried about postpartum "bouncing back (more like slowly getting up after having a wipeout)". I still have a pair of size 14 pants that I wear places (they are low rise), but as the baby's head gets bigger (and more comfortable in my pelvis, this is getting uncomfortable. My wedding rings still fit, which is saying something, since the possibility of swelling is quite available considering the fact that it's summer. But somehow I have negated swelling so far.

I get the whole summer to be pregnant!!!!!

Isn't that great???

For this reason, my garden contains tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, and one squash plant that is either butternut or spaghetti (the mystery!!). I did not want to pick green beans every day. But the exchange of space means there are weeds. That I papered and straw-ed, we will see if this continues to be effective.  . . thoughts on gardening in development clay... I mean soil.... If I have maximum energy and motivation, I will do a green manure (buckwheat then dig it in) in the fall before the frost but after everything is done.  A lot of gardening decisions better next years' garden.

I feel like this is my best pregnancy. I got an ice cream maker for my birthday, and maybe you think that would make me make worse choices... but it actually saves money and makes better choices!! because I have a firm excuse to not buy ice cream at the store--I can make it at home, and I do. My kids like it because it's so good. I like it because I am hot as heck right now and it's a fun alternative to a smoothie.

I don't feel super huge--definitely smaller than when I was pregnant with Yonah. Definitely exercising more, definitely eating very clean and not out of control. I have been drinking my herbal tea very frequently--almost everyday, and it is an excellent addition to my day. It keeps me hydrated and also nourished-- it has raspberry leaf, catnip, nettles, alfalfa, dandelion root, and this time around, chamomile.

We have a great path in our neighborhood for walking around--I can do a mile loop, completely lined with homes and with sidewalk and slow moving cars the whole time. It's great because it's all very close to home the entire time, so I easily can let myself do a mile and go home, no big deal. I love that. I haven't walked this past week, but I do have interest in going when it's cooler!! (maybe at 6am tomorrow...)

Sleeping hasn't always been fun... depending on my activity level, I sleep great, but I'm up at 6 most days and some days way earlier, just because my body wakes up and refuses to return to rest even though I am tired.

I get kicked a lot--there is lots and lots of movement, and some evenings I feel my upper stomach stretching and growing, which is wearying but expected. I will not complain about a single thing! I feel excellent, we have a healthy baby growing, and we are very blessed.

It will be interesting to compare belly shots from Yonah's pregnancy in two weeks, at thirty weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment