Monday, June 12, 2017

Thoughts on adding baby number three

I am focusing on self care post baby.
This us something that could easily become a back burner with two kids who gave needs and schedules and also a husband! (After he goes back to work.) I have been preparing herbal sitz baths, ordered supplements to help with post birth contractions and an herbal /hormone balancing tincture. I have made pregnancy tea that I have been drinking diligently, because it helps with hydration and I call it my happy tea. I have been going through spurts of preparing soups and other foods for the freezer for after the baby comes.
There's no room for "pregnancy brain."
I have a house to keep up with and a kitchen to maintain. My mind is as sharp or more sharp now than before pregnancy. It helps that we now live in our own home and there is peace in knowing. It helps that the kids have their own rooms and space (although they still seem to play right next to me ad much as possible.) it also helps that I don't feel so out of control in my body from weight gain and swelling, I don't have much swelling-- maybe some today since it was 90 degrees in the house before we got the air conditioner fixed. The heat slowed my focus some... and the sleep deprivation caused by the heat. But now all is well and we will sleep loads better tonight.
I cannot push too hard at any point during the day.
I still have to sing the kids to bed. I still have to instruct them to take naps or use the potty... I can't push too hard with exercise or working in the heat because I could become much too exhausted to do much more than sit at the computer or read "the two towers" for the rest of the day.
I need quiet time.
I realized this a bit more last week when I had been drinking completely caffeine free coffee for s couple days, had slept in, but in doing so, had everyone in the family wake up at the same time as me, walk down the stairs with me and talk almost constantly that I realized I was unable to focus or think clearly without one of two things: caffeine or substantial quiet time. I have added back half caff and that helps, but also have been getting up before my family most days?(because I cannot sleep any longer)




No comments:

Post a Comment