Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Taking some time to silence the chaos in my mind

I decided to deactivate my Facebook for a month.
I need to get the automatic entertainment that it provides out of my system because my mind doesn't need to be occupied all the time with what other people are doing.
I need to get the muscle memory that occurs in my fingers to type "Facebook.com" as the first thing that happens when I sit down at an internet browser out of my system.

I need to spend more time in quiet and less time staring at the screen.

I am spending more time reading and write chapters of the Bible instead. And eventually, memorizing, meditating and praying.

I need to spend my precious thoughts on my children, and on my husband, and to pray for them and our lives, and our financial situation and employment situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment