Friday, May 08, 2009

Combination Chaos

As some of you might have figured out, I am a teenager. But not normal in this--I opted out of two years of high school to go to UA. So this past Tuesday, I took my last exam at UA and I finished high school altogether. Except for walking across the stage, and Prom, of course. Wallowing in this success, I spent Wednesday relaxing, walking five miles, and talking on the phone with Z, until one in the morning.
Yesterday, wasn't so nice. I was well on my way to sleeping in, when the phone rang, and my boss needed someone to come in. This was at 7:15. The last time she had this problem, I decided not do go in, so I felt I should come in this time. I figured maybe I'd just come for the morning, and then I could go home and sleep the afternoon away, while planning more relaxing activities.
Not so. I arrived at seven thirty, and I gave the kids breakfast, changed diapers, put on clothes, made a mothers day craft, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, washed the dishes that looked to be a couple days old, helped one guy change his clothes after he peed all over himself, unlocked a bathroom door from the outside, drank five cups of caffeinated tea with hopes of waking up a little more, ate almost two cans of green beans with parmaesan cheese and chicken nuggets, made lunch, thought about taking a nap--I stayed until six.
My boss was only there until about two--she went to the hospital to see if she could be given some type of drug that would take away her migraine. She'd already taken so many different things, who knows what could be done.
I went home, but I did not sleep. I went to the high school's band concert. And I put my footprint on the wall. Then I went home. And I still didn't go to sleep until ten thirty. So much for a relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment